Sunday 10 February 2013

Zone Day 5


Tors:
I was hungry today....I walked past the cafes at lunchtime and I saw creamy pasta and it smelt so good....then I went upstairs and had my 3 block lunch.  Don't feel sorry for me - I went to the gym that afternoon and did 5 sets of a 3 rep push press (3kg off my own body weight) and then swung a 24kg kettle bell 60 times and did 30 burpee hand release box jumps in 6 minutes and 15 seconds!  Do you think I could have done all of this if I had of eaten the creamy pasta dish at lunchtime? Absolutely not!  What I'm trying to say is that I'm not perfect in my eating thoughts but sometimes you have them, it's not criminal - but it's the choices we make that gets us results we want.  

Breakfast (3 Blocks)
Protein Shake 3/4 scoop (3p)
1 banana (3c)
12 almonds (3f)

Lunch (3 Blocks)
60g bacon (2p)
1 egg (1p)
2 cups snow peas (2c)
1 tomato (1c)
12 almonds (3f)


Snack 1 (2 Blocks)
90g bacon (3p)
1 onion (2c)
1 1/4 cup capsicum (1c)
12 almonds (3f)

Dinner (3 Blocks)
Roasted Stuffed Capsicums (recipe below)

Snack 2 (1 Block)
1/2 cup yoghurt (1p + 1c)
1/2 tsp peanut butter (1f)

Russ: 
All week I have been preaching about how full I have felt for the majority of the time and to be honest, I have. But, and here it is, but I think I am not eating quite enough. For those of you that don't know me, I'm a naturally lean guy who struggles to put on weight at the best of times, I have a very fast metabolism and am very active. Put all that together and it turns my appetite into something of a constant monster that must be obeyed. And today the monster won, I let it consume me and turned into "that guy" my wife doesn't like. I have done the calculations and come up with what I "should" be eating, but as I am slowly learning through a lot of reading this week, finding the right combination of macronutrients (proteins, carbs and fats) coupled with activity levels is probably one of the hardest things you'll do.....ever! I guess what I am trying to say is, this way of eating isn't all beer and skittles, it takes a bit of experimentation, commitment and above all else patience. We are all human and have moments of weakness but I'm going to stick with it and find the right combination because I believe The Zone is worth it and, again, for those that don't know me, I'm not a big fan of being beaten! 

Breakfast (5 Blocks)

1 scoop Syntha-6 (3p, 1c, 4f)                      
120g ricotta (2p)                                                
1 cup rolled oats (3c)                                         
1 cup strawberries (1c)                                       
3 Almonds (1f)

Lunch (5 Blocks)

150g cold meat (5p)                                           
1 orange (2c)                                                       
1 cup grapes (2c)                                                          
1 Peach (1c)                                                        
2 tsp tahini (5f)

Snack 2 (2 Blocks)
120g ricotta (2p)                                                
1 pear (2c)                                                           
12 peanuts (2f)   

Dinner (5 Blocks)

Roasted Stuffed Capsicums (recipe below)

Snack 2 (2 Blocks)

1 cup yoghurt (2p + 2c)
1 tsp peanut butter (2f)


Roasted Stuffed Capsicums (recipe linked - use the same method, just reduce the ingredients to the number of blocks you require)
For an 8 block meal: 
2 capsicums (1.5c) (they are 'peppers' for our international guests!)
320g chicken mince (3p)
300g cauliflower (3c)
1 brown onion (2c)
400g chopped tomatoes (1.5c)

2 cloves of garlic
125ml water
2 tablespoon smoked Spanish paprika

No comments:

Post a Comment