Wednesday 6 February 2013

Zone Day 3


 

Tors: 

It was a day when breakfast was awesome, and then lunch was kind of 'meh...I think I should swap these around.  I also thought when I was cooking that I needed more chicken than 90g - but it works out that I didn't!  The 90g of chicken in a frypan just looked so tiny, but I was full!  In terms of performance, I've done two big sessions within 14 hours of each other and my body is in good shape.  I ate my snack (was very happy with the portion of celery!) at 3pm and was a little hungry by the time we had dinner but I did have to catch the bus home and we ate late.  I do have to remember to keep drinking water - it's my biggest problem - drink more!!
Breakfast (3 Blocks)
Protein Shake (2p) - Hydro Whey (1/2 scoop & water)
30g bacon (1p)
1 & 1/2 cup cooked spinach (1c)
1 tomato (1c)
1 & 1/3 cup zucchini (uncooked) (1c)
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic

I pre-cooked the bacon (in a batch), measure the bacon before it's cooked!  Chop the spinach, and steam in a pot with the garlic and zucchini and cook until the spinach has wilted and the zucchini is soft.  Chop the tomato and bacon and sprinkle on top.  

Lunch (3 Blocks)
90g deli meat (3p)
1 orange (1c)
1/2 cup grapes (1c)
1/4 cup pineapple (1c)
3/4 seeds (3f)

Snack 1 (2 Blocks)
small can of tuna (2p)
2 cups of celery (1p)
1 peach (1p)
12 peanuts (2 f)

Dinner (3 Blocks)
Chicken with Greek Sweet Potato and Spinach (see below)

Snack 2 (1 Block)
1/2 cup yoghurt (1p + 1c)
1/2 tsp peanut butter (1f)


Russ: 
Still feeling good all up. I had to cut up a fallen tree for a few hours in the arvo heat today and afterwards, felt hungry for the first time since we started. I think it was more out of habit than actual hunger. I am used to just walking in the house and going to the pantry and grabbing a handful of nuts, given a little more time and that won't be a hard habit to break.
Oh by the way, my lunch weighed just under a kilo today!!! Choose the right foods and you'll be able to eat until your eyes pop....all from the goodness of veggies, trimmed bacon and olives.

Breakfast (5 Blocks)
Protein shake 1 scoop Syntha-6 (3p, 2c, 4f)
2 egg (2p)
1 Kiwi fruit (for Waitangi Day! 1c)
1 apple (2c)

Lunch (5 Blocks)
150g bacon, cooked weight is halved  (5p)
3 cups cooked spinach (2c)
4 cups cooked zucchini (3c)
25 olives (5f)

Snack 1 (2 Blocks)
60g ricotta (2p)
1 orange (2c)
12 peanuts (2f)

Dinner (5 Blocks)
Chicken with Greek Sweet Potato and Spinach (see below)

Snack 2 (2 Blocks)
1 cup yoghurt (2p, 2c)
1 tsp nut butter (2f)


Grilled Chicken and Greek Sweet Potatoes CLICK HERE
I changed this recipe a little, 
firstly, I only used 240g chicken (90g for 3 block and 150g for 5 block).  I didn't make the salad but made wilted spinach with garlic and 1/2 juice of a lemon and used 8 blocks of sweet potato - which is 5 inches plus another 3/5ths of 5 inches.  Message me if you're confused - I was, but I got there in the end!  Cook the chicken in the lemon rind and add the other 1/2 of the lemon juice to the sweet potatoes when you're mixing in the oregano.  We topped this with light sour cream (8tsp = 8f) and it was a little indulgent!  

No comments:

Post a Comment