Saturday 4 August 2012

BAM! with Nuts (Banana with Avocado Mousse)

I can't take the credit for this one.  My husband did all the thinking behind this combo and it is full of chocolatey goodness!  We've refined the recipe since the first attempt and I'm happy to say that if you weren't told you were eating a desert made of avocado you would never know!  You can use lots of different fruits to add to the chocolate mousse, berries are delicious - but I think bananas could be a favourite, I wonder if I could justify this for breakfast?!  The best avocados we've found to use are the Bacon Avocados, they have a creamy and nutty flavour.  

What you need (serves 4)

  • 2 avocados or 3 smaller ones - peeled and chopped
  • 1/3 cup cacao powder
  • 1/4 cup dark agave syrup
  • 4 bananas
  • crushed nuts
  1. In a kitchen mixer, add the avocado, cacao powder and agave syrup to the bowl and mix on a lower level until ingredients start to combine
  2. Turn up the mixer until the avocado, cacao and agave have a smooth consistency and looks like mousse.  This will take around 2-4 minutes.  
  3. Chop up the bananas and arrange on a plate, spoon over the chocolate mousse and sprinkle with crushed nuts.  I used the left over crumbs from the chocolate and berry slice and it was delish!  
  4. Serve and devour!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment